[Ads-l] Origin of exclamation Great Scott discussed at Slate

Wed Oct 21 18:43:29 UTC 2015

It looks like an excellent example of the "Great Scott" exclamation to
me. Also, General Winfield Scott was already being called Great Scott
in that time period. So I think it is still compatible with the
leading etymological theory.

Congratulations Peter. Here is a short link to the newspaper page in
the Chronicling America database. Click near the words highlighted in
pink to enlarge the image.

http://1.usa.gov/1M6U6Sk

Garson