[Ads-l] Heard: "It was impossible to get a conversation going ...

Wed Sep 23 21:48:22 UTC 2015

Joel wrote:
> Interesting. But I was quoting that as one of only many that will
> appear out of the woodwork* following The Yogi's demise

Right, there may be a burst of old, revived, and new Yogi-isms. Barry
Popik has fruitfully examined many sayings attributed to the baseball
great, and I've looked at some.

The QI website is receiving significant additional traffic today from
referrals to the webpages about Berra quotations from nytimes.com,
slate.com, huffingtonpost.com, mentalfloss.com and reddit.com. It is
also receiving additional traffic from cracked.com for an Einstein
attributed quotation.

Traffic today already exceeds 17,000 users measured by Google
Analytics. So it will be a busy day, but the total probably will not
reach the record traffic from last year of 64,000 users in one day.
Those visitors were reading about the Hemingway attributed
ultra-concise tale about baby shoes.

Garson