[Ads-l] talk story - 1971

Benjamin Barrett mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 24 20:29:14 UTC 2016

I have no idea, but it is possible that the meaning in HCE is different from the meaning in English.

My Mac dictionary says that “schmooze” (a word I associate with buttering people up to gain influence) means "talk intimately and cozily; gossip."

http://bit.ly/20naBTP seems to work for schmooze, though it’s not definitive.

http://bit.ly/1QmPQTJ indicates that the word has undergone a transformation: Today when we say "talk-story" we often mean it in the diminished sense of "shoot the breeze," "chew the fat," "chitchat."

http://bit.ly/1GdBZxn uses the word to mean a short bio, as in a comment or two about a person.

Slang Dictionary (http://bit.ly/1QmPCfa) says: Many people in Hawaii like to sit around, share stories, and relax.