[Ads-l] New to me: _all the sudden_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 10 03:51:02 UTC 2016

Topic of a letter of complaint to USAA, whose membership is restricted to
present or former members of the U.S. military:

"_All the sudden_ credit card payments disappear"

But lots of Google discussion: about 2,100,000 results, e.g.

"all the sudden"?
https://www.englishforums.com/English/AllTheSudden/vhpgv/post.htm
Tonight I heard (or thought I heard) a Scottish woman in a film using "all
the sudden" the way I would use "all of a sudden" -- that is, meaning
"suddenly."
--
-Wilson
-----