[Ads-l] Phrase: baring the blunt - does not refer to naked marijuana smokers

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Mar 24 03:22:26 UTC 2016

Lots more hits for "bearing the blunt", only a couple of which are puns, e.g.

Marijuana And Racism: Bearing The Blunt Of The Problem.
(and one relating to Emily Blunt)

But most to them, some going back to the WWI era, seem to be straightforward eggcorns for "bearing the brunt".

LH