[Ads-l] Notable Quotations of the Year Appeal

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 21 00:16:47 UTC 2016

A few non-political possibilities...

"Love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love."
-- Lin-Manuel Miranda, accepting the Tony Award for best original score for
"Hamilton" (in a sonnet paying tribute to victims of the Orlando shooting)

"The great thing about it is, we became such great losers. Good sports.
Good losers... I hope we're just as good sports as winners as we were as
when we didn't win."
-- Bill Murray, celebrating the Chicago Cubs winning the World Series

"OK, ladies, now let's get in formation, 'cause I slay."
-- Beyonce, "Formation"