[Ads-l] "old boy" = the devil, 1692; antedates OED3 [1737], 1782

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 15 19:53:26 UTC 2016

This looks like a picture of the original manuscript:

http://salem.lib.virginia.edu/texts/tei/swp?term=Abigail%20How&div_id=n69.5&chapter_id=n69

http://salem.lib.virginia.edu/archives/ecca/medium/ecca1157r.jpg

This 1892 book precedes this testimony with:

---
Abigail was examined before the magistrates on June 29. At her trial
in September, the following testimony was given:-
---

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=chi.12794499;view=1up;seq=247

Hugo