[Ads-l] hodling and hodl (crypto jargon)

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 6 03:03:23 UTC 2017

I just noticed why the The New York Times was also mentioned in the tweet; an article in the paper appears to use a folk etymology.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/style/what-is-cryptocurrency.html <https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/style/what-is-cryptocurrency.html>
Grandpa Had a Pension. This Generation Has Cryptocurrency.
by Teddy Wayne

For this reason, none of the investors I spoke with engage in short-term trading but instead choose, in the online parlance of cryptocurrency enthusiasts, to “hodl” (“hold on for dear life,” rather than sell off for temporary gains).

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA