[Ads-l] "Drop" becoming confusing

Salikoko S. Mufwene mufw at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Dec 15 21:53:33 UTC 2017

The term, as you interpret it, presupposes that the yod pronunciation is
the older one. Is this really the case?

Sali.

Salikoko S. Mufwene                    s-mufwene at uchicago.edu
The Frank J. McLoraine Distinguished Service Professor of Linguistics and the College
Professor, Committee on Evolutionary Biology
Professor, Committee on the Conceptual & Historical Studies of Science
University of Chicago                  773-702-8531; FAX 773-834-0924
Department of Linguistics
1115 East 58th Street
Chicago, IL 60637, USA
http://mufwene.uchicago.edu/