[Ads-l] Efforting

Shawnee Moon moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 29 14:47:53 EST 2017

Iā€™m an insomniac. Having lived in Los Angeles for years, I got used to watching car chases; they cut into programming and there always seemed to be one on. So over the holidays I got a little homesick and watched some car chases on YouTube.

Anyway, last night I watched a chase involving motorcycles. The overhead newscaster said (first bit in parentheses are not verbatim)

ā€œ(Two motorcycles were involved) and they were efforting to get on the turnpike...ā€

Efforting? Trying, attempting, endeavoring, intending...
Efforting?

Mailed from the Moon šŸŒœ