[Ads-l] Movie misquotation of the year in "Darkest Hour"

Sat Dec 30 19:49:49 UTC 2017

The movie "Darkest Hour" displays a powerful quotation attributed to
Churchill at the end of the film: "Success is not final, failure is
not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Did Churchill say this? Nope. It's from an advertisement for Budweiser
beer (apparently)
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/03/success-final/

The quotation is not spoken during the film. It is shown in text on
the screen at the end, but I did not write it down when I saw it;
hence, I cannot be sure of the exact statement shown. The following
link points to a review of "Darkest Hour" that gives a version of the
quotation attributed to Churchill:

http://media.pauline.org/reviews/ArticleID/3502/Darkest-Hour-always-forward-in-courage

Have you seen this movie which is in U.S. theaters now? Do you recall
the quotation displayed at the end? I would like to double check the
text.

Garson