[Ads-l] Saying: Fascism will come disguised as anti-fascism

Fri Feb 24 01:50:46 UTC 2017

Dan Goncharoff wrote:
> I have seen it attributed to a 1933 interview of Long by Robert Cantwell.

Thanks for sharing this interesting information, Dan. Do you recall
any more details about where you learned about the 1933 interview, or
where the interview appeared?

Historian Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. indicated that he contacted Robert
Cantwell in 1951 and asked about the quotation. Cantwell told him that
he did not hear the quotation from Long. Schlesinger published this
information in 1960.

Year: 2003 (Copyright 1960)
Title: The Politics of Upheaval: 1935-1936, the Age of Roosevelt
Volume 3 of 3