[Ads-l] Pronunciation

Shawnee Moon moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 27 21:04:04 UTC 2017

Yes! I remember that poem! So my pronunciation made sense.

My father (Kansas City MO born, Chicago raised, UCLA college, NJ residence) pronounced horrible as "Whore-ibble" and orange as "Oar-unj" while my NJ raised mother pronounced it "Hahr-ibble" and "Ahr-unj".

It seems to be local to the mid-Atlantic area? I lived in California later and my father's pronunciation of those words is the norm, with the exception of forehead.

It's odd cause I say forearm as "four arm" and every other fore- word like that as well. Just forehead is oddly pronounced.

~Shawnee Moon

... Probably a key factor in this realization was the rhyme (from the Child’s Garden of Verses?):