[Ads-l] "Gaslight" as a verb only five decades old

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 11 15:49:37 UTC 2017

Jon: The earliest HDAS cite is from 1956, quoting an unnamed NYC woman, age
41. There's nothing about "I Love Lucy," and I've never heard anything
about the show spreading the word. Do you have more information on this you
can share?

--Ben