[Ads-l] "ee-ther" and "eye-ther" [was: "Sally refuses to be _gaslit_"]

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 17 00:33:33 UTC 2017

Differences sufficient to lead to the decision to "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off".
Joel

      From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2017 4:34 PM
 Subject: Re: [ADS-L] Facebookery: "Sally refuses to be _gaslit_."

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't the word "gaslit" be familiar

To whom? How can anyone tell? I *prefer* "gaslighted," but I don't feel
that "gaslit" is "wrong," in any sense. The difference is akin to that
between "ee-conomic" and "eh-conomic" or "ee-ther" and "eye-ther" or
"thrive, throve, thriven" and "thrive, thrived, thrived," IMO.

"You pays your money, and you takes your choice."

"Different strokes for different folks."

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson