[Ads-l] Initial "as well"

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Sun Mar 19 21:08:00 UTC 2017

I miss the Old English "Hwæt".

Sentences beginning, "Also, ...", "As well, ...", "However, ..." -- I'm sure the
list could be extended -- have an introduction which decodes simply as a signal
to indicate that attention should be paid to what follows.  And could as easily,
and perhaps better, have the introductory word or phrase replaced by "Hwæt".

R.