[Ads-l] Motto: We have done so much with so little for so long, that now we can do anything with nothing

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 24 14:24:30 UTC 2017

Rings a bell, but I may merely be thinking of "We are the unwilling, led by
the unqualified, doing the unnecessary for  the ungrateful," which we
discussed some years ago.

Two cents: It may have originated in the USMC (as in 1971 quot.), as it
used to be said that the latest and best equipment always went to the Army
first.

Cf. another saying (how old I don't know), "Always remember: your equipment
was made by the lowest bidder."

JL