[Ads-l] Voice-over heard: "Help will come too late...

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 26 21:44:55 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> Of course, some of these (from Jespersen 1917: 17-18) are now rather
> archaic.

Nevertheless, it's more than I knew, before.

BTW, I've begun to notice this use of _never_ among black speakers on
reality TV, where it's not possible that the black speaker is following a
script written by a white speaker, here of late. Back in the day in StL,
"no, I never" vs. "no, I didn't" was as much of a distinguishing feature as
"youse/youse" vs. "you/y'all."

--
-Wilson
-----