[Ads-l] teract

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 8 13:46:05 UTC 2017

Not many hits on Twitter (https://twitter.com/hashtag/teract <https://twitter.com/hashtag/teract>). Many are accompanied with Cyrillics. The earliest are 24 January 2011 by Shevyakov Alexsandr‏ and Konstantinova Lyubov‏.

The King of Magic (https://twitter.com/King_Of_Magic/status/29609459336613889 <https://twitter.com/King_Of_Magic/status/29609459336613889>) provides a hashtag “terakt” which goes back to 8 Jan 2010 in a post by типичный близнец (https://twitter.com/Mr_Serg/status/7516039735).

According to "Television and Culture in Putin's Russia: Remote control” (http://bit.ly/2zqRALv <http://bit.ly/2zqRALv>) by Stephen Hutchings and Natalia Rulyova, the term “terakt” became a standard term in Russian minutes after the Besland school siege (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege>) began on 1 September 2004.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle