[Ads-l] Meaningless "so" at start of reply sentence

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 13 01:33:51 UTC 2017

Yes, no, so, as I was saying before you rudely interrupted me while I was
trying to make an important point, but you really weren't listening, or if
you hadn't really interrupted me, I simply have this <resumptive SO
construction> ingrained in my speech, to try to make others feel guilty for
not really paying attention, it's an insecurity speech pattern grappling
with millennial cross-talk, so nothing personal, so ...