[Ads-l] Linguistics 101 Textbook Suggestions

Beth Young zbyoung at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 2 12:45:30 UTC 2017

I've been happy with Kirk Hazen's _An Introduction to Language_ (Wiley 2015
978-0-470-65896-3). Hazen clearly explains concepts in a straightforward
manner that works well for adult students and does not talk down to them.
There are a few "standard" topics that aren't addressed in this book (e.g.,
allophones) and some less typical topics that are (e.g., x bar theory).

Beth Young
Univ of Central Florida