[Ads-l] burner account

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 20 16:15:26 UTC 2017

This seems a pertinent article from today's news:

‘Burner Phone’ Accusation Marks New Chapter in Ole Miss Scandal
https://www.wsj.com/articles/burner-phone-accusation-marks-new-chapter-in-ole-miss-scandal-1505832124

The article distinguishes between a "university-issued phone" and an
"unreported burner phone"

Also, this:

"The new accusations began when Mars notified the school in July that he
had evidence about alleged misuse of burner phones in recruiting. He
alleged that coaches purchased phones with cash, sometimes at out of state
locations or using fictitious names, that they used to conceal
“communications with prospects that were prohibited by the NCAA’s rules.”

In some instances, Mars wrote, third parties bought the burners and then
gave them to coaches. It also alleges the coaches instructed recruits not
to put their names with these numbers in the contacts sections of their
phone."

DanG