[Ads-l] rude: noisy? frolicksome?

Mon Sep 25 19:52:50 UTC 2017

I will answer to "nutmegger", too.  But I do believe that the nutmegs that
the Connecticut Yankees once sold were fake.
I notice that the OED doesn't have "nutmegger".
wooden nutmeg  n.  [compare Nutmeg State n. at nutmeg n.and adj. Compounds
2a <http://www.oed.com.proxy.library.nyu.edu/view/Entry/129313#eid33989130>
] U.S. a false or fraudulent thing; a fraud, cheat, or deception; also in
more indirect allusions, as representing the type of something useless or
worthless.
Nutmeg State  n. U.S. the State of Connecticut (to some of whose
inhabitants was formerly imputed the practice of passing off nutmeg-shaped
pieces of wood as the spice).
GAT