[Ads-l] Acknowledgments for Yale Book of Quotations

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sun Jun 17 13:17:47 UTC 2018

I am entering into the home stretch now for completing the compilation of the Yale Book of Quotations, 2nd edition (although I still have probably six or more months of hard work ahead of me).  Obviously ADS-L participants (one in particular!) have been of enormous help to me, and I want to give proper acknowledgment to those involved.

I have tried to keep track of those individuals who merit acknowledgment in the front matter of the book, but it is certainly possible that some names have fallen between the cracks.  Please note that my criterion for acknowledgment in the front matter is that I want to list those who have contributed two or more quotations or corrections that actually make it into the book.  If you believe that you may have sent me, or posted to the list, two or more usable quotations or corrections, please email me at fred.shapiro at yale.edu to remind me of that fact.  I apologize for putting people in this self-aggrandizing position.

Fred Shapiro