[Ads-l] Facebookery: _are_ > "our"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 19 23:51:59 UTC 2018

Black male commenter, ca.45-50, a native of Arizona:

"... they _our_ no longer working with the data ..."

Chomsky, from Philly, also pronounces _our_ as "are." Trump, from NYC, my
wife, from Wilkes-Barre, PA, and my mother, from Longview, TX, all
pronounce, e.g. _huge_, as "yuge," but only Mom pronounces _humble_ as
"umble."  It must take ten men and a boy to draw isoglosses for cases like
these.

--
-Wilson
-----