[Ads-l] Quote: Politicians, like diapers, should be changed regularly

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Oct 18 00:38:00 UTC 2018

> On Oct 17, 2018, at 6:18 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your response, Peter. I did see that match in the
> Newspapers.com database. Sadly, the date specified in the database is
> incorrect. An examination of the page image reveals that the correct
> date for this citation is September 10, 1993. I should have given a
> warning.

So not an antedate, but at least it presents as a nice instance of the "Needs Washed" construction, cozily situated within the predicted isogloss, within hailing distance from Pittsburgh.