[Ads-l] "March Madness" "Sweet Sixteen" and the like (UNCLASSIFIED)

Michael Everson everson at EVERTYPE.COM
Sun Apr 14 13:55:02 UTC 2019

But his name isn’t “the Mad Hatter”, which was my point. That usage irritates Carrollians. Maybe Carrollians are of little interest to most people. But they’re the ones who take this magnificent piece of literature seriously.

I, just one publisher, have published this book in more than 80 languages… and have worked with many translators regarding choices for puns and other aspects of the book. It’s endlessly fascinating, linguistically. http://evertype.com/carrolliana.html