[Ads-l] I say "Lusitan-i-ay"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 25 15:18:15 UTC 2020

This one seems especially implausible - it's Latin - but make of it what
you will:

The poem is Sir Henry Newbolt's "Clifton Chapel" (1898):

‘Qui procul hinc,’ the legend’s writ,—
The frontier-grave is far away—
‘Qui ante diem periit:
Sed miles, sed pro patria.’