[Ads-l] back-formed verb form of the day

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 20 00:12:52 UTC 2021

Two weak verbs that I can think of have developed faux-ablaut forms:  sneak/snuck/snuck and drag/drug/drug.  Both behave like weak verbs in that their preterite and participle forms are the same.  And they both go to the same central vowel not widely found in strong verbs for those two forms, aside from dig/dug/dug, which could be the analytical model for them since they all end in velar stops.