[Ads-l] mouth organ, harmonicon, harmonica

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 19 11:26:15 UTC 2021

'Harmonica' meaning "Jew's-harp" is not in OED.

The more I look at the various denotations "harmonica" in the 19th C., the
more confusing it becomes.

For ex., I found no unmistakable newspaper refs. to the playing of the
modern harmonica during the Civil War.

And cf. this discussion: https://tinyurl.com/y6schsgp

JL