[Ads-l] hog heaven 1853

Tue Jun 1 14:32:41 UTC 2021

Excellent work, Stephen.

Here is a citation with the same text which appeared one year earlier.
Perhaps the metadata has been scrambled a bit in your post, Stephen.
Not sure what n.com refers to.

Date: October 22, 1852
Newspaper: The Nashville Union
Newspaper Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Article: (Untitled short item)
Quote Page 2, Column 1
Database: Newspapers.com
Remark about date: The front page specifies "October 22, 1852"; Page
two (where "hog heaven" appears) has a transposed digits within the
date: "Oct. 22 8152".

https://www.newspapers.com/image/603949745/

[Begin excerpt]
Where do the editors of the True
Whig and Banner intend going when they
die? Wrapped up in copies of the National
Intelligencer, won’t they be wafted to the
“hog heaven” of whig editors--the bosoms
of Gale & Seaton? We think so.
[End excerpt]