[Ads-l] mulligan (golf)--warning: speculative

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 8 22:02:20 UTC 2021

I don't know if this is relevant.
In the Brooklyn Eagle, 29 August 1920, in an article about Brooklyn Heights
by Edward V. Riis, I read the following sentence:
"Nor was it born of Maraschino, but half and half and mulligan."
The Maraschino refers to a phrase by George Ade: "Freedom shrieked when
Maraschino fell." found in Cosmopolitan for July 1920.
I have no idea what "half and half and mulligan" means!
DanG