[Ads-l] retcon

Thu May 13 19:29:55 UTC 2021

Ben Zimmer wrote:
> While I'm griping about Google Groups... I can't even find that 8/15/89
> rec.arts.sf-lovers post in the current archive. Can anyone else get to it?

I also attempted to retrieve the Usenet post containing "Lucas
retconned the opening credits" and failed. I tried a few different
strategies but the search engine never located it.

rec.arts.comics was split into many subgroups around 1990.

The Wikipedia article on "Retroactive continuity" discusses "retcon"
and links to Damian Cugley's August 18, 1990 post but not the supposed
1988 post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroactive_continuity

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.comics/c/x_9N8KL0NDc/m/lgcGfP8-eUUJ