Information for promotion of Papers of the Algonquian Conference

Alice Nash anash at HISTORY.UMASS.EDU
Thu Nov 17 16:36:11 UTC 2011

To reach a broad international audience, why not place an ad in the
program for the 4th annual meeting of the Native American & Indigenous
Studies Association (NAISA), to be held June 3-6, 2012 on sovereign
tribal land at the Mohegan Sun Convention Center in Uncasville,
Connecticut? A full page ad is $150, a half-page is $95.  See the
attached Sponsorship form for further details. If you are interested in
a table at the book exhibit, contact Stephanie Elliott at
selliott at wesleyan.edu.

As noted on their website (www.naisa.org), NAISA is "a professional
organization dedicated to supporting scholars and others who work in the
academic field of Native American and Indigenous studies.  Founded
in2008, NAISA hosts the premier scholarly meeting in Native studies."
Based on other NAISA meetings, we expect 800-1000 people from around the
globe, with participants from tribal colleges, universities, Indigenous
communities, and organizations. This will be the first NAISA meeting
held on sovereign tribal land. The level of scholarly engagement will be
high.

We would welcome your support for NAISA 2012 and I'm sure you find an
interested audience for the PAC, an important publication that I've used
on many occasions.

All the best,
Alice Nash
Associate Professor of History
University of Massachusetts Amherst
&
Chair, Fundraising Committee for NAISA 2012