[Algonquiana] Prehistoric Language contact ?

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:49:03 UTC 2014

Danielle,

There is quite a time discrepancy between the Plano Culture, which is
late Paleo-Indian/Early Archaic and came to end around 6000 BC, and
Algonquian, whose ancestral tongue Proto-Algonquian is thought to have
been spoken in the Late Archaic around 2000 B.C. So, who the ancestral
Mi'gmaq shared languages with is a pretty open question, is it not?

Michael