[Algonquiana] Accommodations for 47th Algonquian Conference (Oct 22-25, 2015)

MONICA MACAULAY mmacaula at wisc.edu
Sun Aug 16 12:53:53 UTC 2015

For those of us in the land of Donald Trump, that’s only $90.79.  :-)

On Jul 31, 2015, at 6:48 PM, Will Oxford <Will.Oxford at umanitoba.ca<mailto:Will.Oxford at umanitoba.ca>> wrote:

Dear Algonquianists,

We have arranged a block of rooms in the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown at the special rate of $117/night plus tax. (The normal rate is $154.) The Radisson is an 8-minute walk from the conference venue. To make a booking using the special rate, go to http://www.radisson.com/algon. The rate can be booked until September 22, 2015.

In addition to the Radisson, there are many other hotel options in downtown Winnipeg. The closest hotel to the conference venue is the Fairmont, which is located directly across the street but is rather expensive. Perhaps the most charming hotel downtown -- and the location of our conference dinner -- is the Fort Garry Hotel, a grand old railway hotel near the lively Forks area, 15 minutes on foot from the conference venue. Other downtown hotels include the Alt Hotel, the Mere Hotel, the Humphry Inn, the Marlborough, the Place Louis Riel, the Delta, the Inn at the Forks, the Best Western Charter House, and the Holiday Inn.

There are also a number of hotels downtown that function primarily as low-rent rooming houses. We do not recommend staying at these hotels. If you are in doubt about a particular hotel, feel free to ask Will about it (will.oxford at umanitoba.ca<mailto:will.oxford at umanitoba.ca>).

Best,
Will and Nicole