[Algonquiana] participle dictionary question

Danielle E. Cyr dcyr at yorku.ca
Thu Nov 26 14:41:50 UTC 2015

Hi Monica,

Very good question. And very tricky. Your idea of cross referencing it seems good. However, I guess you will have to enter one as an a.i.v. and the other as a a.n.

Also, even if the initial change has long disappeared in Menominee, you could still ask your speaker how he feels about payītāqnamapet standing alone or not. It might have nominalized as such. See if it can be used with cardinal numbers, with nominal suffixes or prefixes, etc. Those would be indications of a nominalization and, if so, you could enter it as an a.n. without the demonstrative.

Good luck,

Danielle
___________________________________________Dr. Danielle E. Cyr, Senior Scholar at York University339, boul. Perron ouestNew Richmond, QC, 	G0C 2BOdcyr at yorku.ca - 418.392.7271