[Algonquiana] Legend

Margaret Ann Noodin noodin at uwm.edu
Fri Jun 3 16:24:13 UTC 2016

In the Western Lake Superior region there are memegwesiwag who travel in stone canoes along the shoreline.  These are different from the pa’iinsag who are forest people.  I have copied Alphone Pitawanakwat on the discussion because he knows more about them.

Maaganiit

Margaret Noodin
Director, Electa Quinney Institute for American Indian Education
Assistant Professor of English and American Indian Studies
Book Review Editor, Studies in American Indian Literature
Co-Editor, The Papers of the Algonquian Conference
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Bolton Hall 187
2200 E. Kenwood Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413