introduction

potetjp potetjp at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 9 16:50:16 UTC 1999

    Several members are asking who and what I am.. I guess I should have
introduced myself in my first-contact message.
    I have been teaching English for umpteen years to students aged from 16
to 22, and I am fortunate enough to retire on September 24, 1999.
    I have been doing research on Tagalog since 1978, and defended my
dissertation on Tagalog morphology in 1983 (Paris, Sorbonne, EHESS, CRLAO)..
    I never applied for any position at the CNRS (the French research
agency) then for various personal reasons. Probably I shouldn't have
passed..
    My latest articles are "An adverbial-to-verbal morpheme transfer in
classical Tagalog" (Lingua, Vol. 86, No. 1, January 1992)  and  "Tagalog
monosyllabic roots" (Oceanic Linguistics, Vol. 34, No. 2, December 1995).
    I am still currently working on the corpus of Tagalog monosyllabic
roots. My other major projects are a Tagalog grammar for French-speakers,
and Tagalog-French/French-Tagalog dictionary.
    I attended  7ICAL at Leiden in 1994.
    I didn't attend 8ICAL at Taipei.
    Jean-Paul G. POTET
    B. P. 46. 92114 CLICHY CEDEX. FRANCE