4 operations

Paz B. Naylor pnaylor at umich.edu
Wed Jul 25 16:45:55 UTC 2001

Labels have been misleading:  NA is not just a mechanical "linker"; Nang is
not just a "possessive" prepostion  (it is not at all  an "indefinite
article");  AY is not just an "inversion marker" (Jean-Paul's a"anteposer").
All three share a common SYNTACTIC function as ATTRIBUTIVE markers.  Please
see Naylor (1976, 1979) "Linking, Relation-Marking, and Tagalog Syntax" in
Naylor, ed., 1980, Austronesian Studies: Papers from the Second Eastern
Conference on Austronesian Languages.