pacific stick charts and maps

Michael & Rosemary Clement google at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Jun 4 05:41:16 UTC 2001

Yes, the Marshall Islanders are the only ones to use the stick charts, and
as I understand, it is because of the general configuration of the islands
in two columns. The stick charts indicate the motion of the waves bouncing
off
the various islands in the chain, indicating where the  islands are to the
sailer sailing down the middle of the island group. We used to be able buy
these here in Guam. I haven't seen them in a while but it still should be
possible to get one.