Workshop at Australian Linguistics Institute

John Bowden john.bowden at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 8 23:29:27 UTC 2002

Announcing a workshop at the 2002 Australian Linguistics Institute:

Tense, aspect, modality and evidentiality in Indigenous languages of
Australia and the Pacific

Macquarie University, Sydney
July 19th 2002

This workshop is being run in conjunction with Lauri Carlson's Discourse
Semantics course.  We hope to explore the meanings in discourse of tense,
aspect, modality and evidentiality forms.  We are also interested in papers
on the split expression of these markers on complex predicates (coverbs,
serial verbs, auxiliaries etc.)

CALL FOR PAPERS
Please send a half-page abstract by e-mail to

Jane Simpson
jhs at mail.usyd.edu.au

DEADLINE: 3rd May

For more details on the Australian Linguistics Institute, see the ALI Website:

http://www.ling.mq.edu.au/ali/