[An-lang] body = house = boat = family

Geoff Wade arigpw at nus.edu.sg
Tue Feb 3 14:48:34 UTC 2004

Miriam,

 You may find the following item of interest:

 Pierre-Yves Manguin "Shipshape Societies: Boat Symbolism and Political Systems in Insular Southeast Asia" in  David G Marr and A.C. Milner "Southeast Asia in the 9th to 14th Centuries" (Research School of Pacific Studies , ANU, 1986) pp 187-214.

Best wishes,

geoff wade