[An-lang] Updated Final Call for Papers for 10-ICAL

10-ICAL 10-ical at sil.org
Thu Jun 9 07:34:49 UTC 2005

An "Updated" Final Call for Papers for 10-ICAL has been posted at
http://www.sil.org/asia/philippines/ical.html.

(Note: If you are making a "return visit," you may need to click on
"Refresh" in
your browser in order to see the latest update.)

Here are the specific "updates" which have been made today, 9 June 2005...

(1) Please contact 10-ical at sil.org if you would like the email address of
any of the Session organizers in order to communicate with them directly.

(2) Abstracts will be accepted through 31 August 2005, and notification of
acceptance given by 30 September 2005. (This is a one-month extension.)

(3) Details on how to make reservations and payment will be posted as soon
as they are made available by the Legend Hotel. We apologize for the delay.
Please note: participants are responsible for their own reservations for
accommodations, separate from the Conference registration process.

(4) An additional airline, Asian Spirit, has added a daily afternoon flight
to Puerto Princesa City.

Also, for your information, we are working with the Philippine National
Museum to send an archaeologist to act as our guide on the optional field
trip to Tabon Caves on Saturday, 21 January 2006. It will involve a 5 a.m.
departure, several hours by van over rough road, and some hiking. This trip
is recommended only for the physically fit.

Other "easier" day tours will be possible through the Legend Hotel. Did you
know that the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park (known
locally as the "Underground River") is a World Heritage Site? Learn more at
http://www.experiencepalawan.com.ph/pps/points/river.html. Plan some extra
days to enjoy Palawan!

Steve Quakenbush,
for the 10-ICAL Organizing Committee