nanguy 'pig' in Akit

antonia soriente antonia1 at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Fri Jun 4 05:56:55 UTC 2010

I do not work in Sumatra but in Borneo where the word langui means obviously
'to swim' and is not used to refer to boars. But let me point out one
important thing that wildboards do during the fruit season in the jungle,
that is moving in herds and swimming in the rivers to reach the fruit areas.
Have a look at the follow from a book of an anthropologist who studied
animal and human behavior in Borneo.
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=tI477-njXEQC&pg=PA253&lpg=PA253&dq=musim
+babi+berenang&source=bl&ots=oAOvzZSP8M&sig=TM8pw0qKqlFMEc9yB3lOADyCPbQ&hl=e
n&ei=Y5AITJPvJ4qCOPedxAE&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AE
wAA#v=onepage&q=musim%20babi%20berenang&f=false

Hope this can help.

Antonia Soriente

Indonesian studies

Universita' di Napoli "l'Orientale"