[An-lang] Malay/Indonesian onomatopoeic expressions (2)

Kratochvil Frantisek frantisek.kratochvil at upol.cz
Mon Jun 8 13:54:16 UTC 2020

And here comes the onomatopoeic expressions bibliography (thanks Sander!)

Blust, Robert A. 1988. Austronesian root theory: An essay on the limits of morphology. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.

Carr, Denzel. 1966. Homorganicity in Malay/Indonesian Expressives and Quasi Expressives. Language 42(2):370-377.

Collins, James T. 1979 Expressives in Kedah Malay. South-East Asian Linguistic Studies 4: 379-406.

Klamer, Marian. 2001. Austronesian expressives and iconicity in the lexicon. In F.K. Erhard Voeltz and Christa Kilian-Hatz (eds.) Ideophones, 165-181. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.

Klamer, Marian. 2002. Expressives and the lexicon. In Catherine Kitto and Carolyn Smallwood (eds.) Proceedings of AFLA 6. University of Toronto Working Papers in Linguistics.

Klamer, Marian. 2002. Semantically Motivated Lexical Patterns: A Study of Dutch and Kambera Expressives. Language 78(2):258-286.

Maxwell, Charleton Neville and R. J. Wilkinson. 1936. Light in the Malay Language. Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society. 14(3):89-154. URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/41559856?seq=1

Maxwell, Charleton Neville. 1938. Language Affinities. Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society. 16(1):1-99.

Nash, Joshua. 2001. Onomatopoeia and Language Perception. Word Ways, 34(3):184-188.

Porath, Nathan. 2008. Seeing Sound: Consciousness and Therapeutic Acoustics in the Inter-Sensory Shamanic Epistemology of the Orang Sakai of Riau (Sumatra). The Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 14(3):647-663.

Sharum, Mohd Yunus. 2012. Asal-usul Kata Ganda Berima Bahasa Melayu. Manuscript. Akademi Sains Islam Malaysia. URL: http://www.asasi.my/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/4.Asal-Usul-Kata-Ganda-Berima-Bahasa-Melayu-Mohd-Yunus-Sharum.pdf

Wilkinson, R. J. 1936. Onomatopoeia in Malay. Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society. 14(3):72-88. URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/41559855?seq=1

Zainu'l-Abidin bin Ahmad. 1927. Pair-Words in Malay. Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society 5(2): 324-338.