[An-lang] Kerebi

Harald Hammarström harald at bombo.se
Sun Mar 22 16:18:42 UTC 2020

Dear all,
In Cindi Farr's grammar of Korafe (1999:9) there is mention of a (now
extinct)
Austronesian --- presumably Papuan tip Oceanic --- language/community
called Kerebi, that the Korafe killed and married the remainder of. In
footnote 9, it is said that

When we arrived in the Tufi area in 1972, only a few Kerebi speakers
were left mostly at Kasiava and Koafurina, and they were bilingual in
Korafe. A word list was recorded at Kasiava.

I understand that Cindi Farr has passed away and the most recent email
address I could find for James (Jim)/Cynthia (Cindi) j-c.farr at sil.org.pg
is no longer active.

Does anyone know if/where this wordlist can be found and/or which Oceanic
language Kerebi was closest to?

Thanks in advance,
Harald

Farr, Cynthia J. M. (1999) The interface between syntax and discourse in
Korafe: a Papuan language of Papua New Guinea (Pacific Linguistics: Series
C 148). Canberra: Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian
National University.