[An-lang] translating COVID-19 materials into more languages

Brenda Boerger brenda_boerger at sil.org
Sat Mar 21 17:16:42 UTC 2020

COLLABORATING ON COVID-19 VERNACULAR MATERIALS.

OK friends, here's a link to a google folder where I'm collaborating with
Marine Conservation without Borders to get the CDC COVID-19 posters into
vernacular languages.

https://drive.google.com/…/1iiCSA-_yHAZyQypdJiOmJezP97xYwyF…
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iiCSA-_yHAZyQypdJiOmJezP97xYwyFF?usp=sharing&fbclid=IwAR0tNReaKDcRxA6nvfVm4WK2hTPnbYokd67QYZMnFiJapnG0gwkFRF54HEM>

Read the "read me" file for instructions/procedures. I've made the folder
available to ANYONE with the link, which you may share with others, esp. if
translators do not have sil email addresses. [Folder is accessed through my
sil accounts.]

There’s also a COVID-19 book being prepared for use in the BLOOM
book-making software (bookmaking, ambiguous, but the one most relevant to
us). I’ve done a trial version of that one for Natqgu and am getting
feedback from Solomon Islands now.

Hoping all of you remain well during this pandemic.

~Brenda

Brenda H. Boerger, PhD
Language and Culture Documentation Consultant

SIL International
7500 West Camp Wisdom Road
Dallas, TX 75236      USA

Mobile: 972-273-9356
Skype ID:  brenda_boerger1
https://pikecenter.org/fellows
https://www.diu.edu/faculty/brenda-boerger/

Working on archiving Natqgu [ntu] materials and returning them to the
community