Arabic-L:LING:Proverb query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Dec 6 16:03:27 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Proverb query

Date: 06 Dec 1999
From: moderator <dil at byu.edu>
Subject: Proverb query

[I received this from a friend.  You may respond directly to me if you
like.--Dil]

Quite a while ago, I heard what was supposed to be an Arab proverb, that
goes something like "When you point at someone, there are three fingers
pointing back at you".  Do you know if this is an Arab proverb?  If so, do
you know how it is usually expressed in Arabic?  Do you know what country
it is associated with?  How would you characterize the point of this
proverb?