Arabic-L:LING:Arabic Computer braille query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Dec 8 19:51:07 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Arabic Computer braille query

Date: 08 Dec 1999
From: Arno Vonk <AVonk at alva-bv.nl>
Subject: Arabic Computer braille query

I am conducting a study into the possibilities of using software and
hardware used by blind and visually impaired people to work with computers
in the Windows environment. Using what is known as braille displays and
screenreader software blind and visually impaired people can have access to
all the information available through IT. My querry for the list is does
anybody have any experience with Arabic computer braille and Arabic speech
synthesis? There is very little information available on this so I am
hoping that somebody somewhere knows the right place to look or the right
person to contact. Thanks all for your help.

Kind regards

Dr. Arno Vonk
The Netherlands